Welcome to Annin Flagmakers
We have been making our country’s symbol since 1847 and are the oldest and largest flag manufacturer in the United States. Annin Flagmakers is a 6th generation family owned and operated company. All of our flags are made to the highest standards by the most experienced flag makers in the industry.
Over the years, we’ve learned a bit about making flags — from the creation of long-lasting fabrics and inks to the dense embroidery of our rich star fields. We have the highest-quality products, broadest product line, largest inventory, best customer service, highest fill rates and the greatest production capacity in the industry.
We attribute our longevity and success to our dedication to quality and service. The American Flag is our symbol of hope, freedom and perseverance. At Annin, we will continue to produce our flags with the highest level of integrity, honor and pride.
WEAVING TECHNOLOGY WITH TRADITION™
At our three state-of-the-art domestic factories, we embrace the best of 21st century technology:
- US flags are manufactured with advanced stand-up sewing production techniques.
- State, International and Custom flags are digitally printed and screen-dyed to exact color specifications.
- In-house research and testing laboratories, together with the art department, are constantly monitoring dye formulas.
- Annin’s distribution systems are in real-time compliance with customer requirements.
To be the world’s premier manufacturer and distributor of flag products. At Annin, we will:
- Always conduct our business with the highest level of integrity.
- Continually strive to be the industry leader by servicing all of our markets with high quality products, fair prices, and the best service in the industry.
- Achieve growth through the use of innovative programs and new product offerings, while maximizing efficiencies through state-of-the-art operations.
- Always cultivate the most talented, empowered and quality conscious employees in the flag products industry.
Our great-grandfather, Louis Annin Ames, guided the company from 1896 until 1952. He took pride in leading the company that his grandfather and uncles had run since 1847. His grandchildren, Randy Beard, Lee Beard and Jack Dennis, ran Annin Flagmakers from the 1950’s until the early 2000’s. Today, the company is run by Carter Beard.
Our flags have participated in world events such as:
- The inauguration of Abraham Lincoln, as well as the flag that draped his casket
- The opening ceremonies of the Brooklyn Bridge in 1883
- The arrival of Commander Robert E. Peary at the North Pole in 1909 and Rear Admiral Richard E. Byrd at the South Pole 21 years later
- Raising the flag by U.S. Marines atop Mt. Suribachi on Iwo Jima in 1945
- The Apollo 11 historic mission to the moon in 1969 and many other NASA Apollo moon missions
- America’s 1976 bicentennial celebration
- The design and inception of the POW-MIA flag in 1979 in conjunction with the National League of Families of POW/MIA
- The Field of Remembrance at Battery Park, New York for the 10th Anniversary of September 11th